Monday, April 12, 2010

Was that a Fish in the Pool?

Whoa!  I don't know what happened.  I don't know how it happened.  I don't know why it happened.  All I know is that it happened.  Today, while doing my swim workout, I cranked out 825 yards (approximately 750 meters) in 16:11:49.  I couldn't believe it when I looked at my watch.  Now, it is possible that I was off by 50 yards and had only done 775 yards.  If that were the case then you would need to tack on about a minute to that time.  But I don't think I miscounted the laps.  The swim felt good today.

I decided to run before getting in the pool so did about 17 minutes (15 min run and 2 min cooldown) on the treadmill before heading into the pool.  Did 100 yards of warm-up with a lot of rest (4.5 min) then decided it was time to get it done.  Had to so I could be back home to help get the girls off to school.  Away I went.

Today was different.  I could feel myself pulling myself through the water.  I could actually feel some speed at times.  Normally I claw my way through the water without feeling like I am really making forward progress.  There is lots of movement but not much propulsion, if you know what I mean.

So, overall, things were good!  Happy with the swim and looking forward to getting faster these last couple of weeks before the competition.  Maybe that 15 min mark during the swim really is within my reach... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment