Thursday, April 29, 2010

Race Week!

I can't believe it!  Race Week is HERE!

Got an email from the race organizers tonight and it has me totally pumped for Saturday.

Swam in my wetsuit for the first time on Tuesday, will get another practice swim in it today.  Feels very different!  Buoyancy is wild, much easier to keep good body position.  I think it was cutting 4 seconds off of every 25 yards, that's pretty significant over the course of 820 yards.

Actually looking forward to the swim portion of the race.  It still isn't my best event by any stretch but I feel like I have made the most improvement there so am excited to be "tested" by the race conditions.

Will be posting how things go on race day, I hope, here and on FB.  Phone is synced to both of them so will depend on how busy Heather is with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment